D3 Micro: Product Info
Kills Flu Virus and 99.9% of Germs to Help Prevent Cross-Contamination
The D3 Micro is an EPA-registered Door handle Disinfecting Device that kills more than 99.9% of illness and infectious disease causing bacteria and viruses found on door handles.
The D3 Micro delivers a burst of a quick-drying, alcohol and quat-based formula that covers the door handle, killing 99.9% of all germs. The formula is dispensed in a precise fashion and the frequency of the spray intervals can be selected from three different time settings in order to ensure that each door is receiving the disinfectant at the optimal level.
Key product features include:
- > Refill canister lasts for up to 100 days
- > Ambient light sensor saves battery and canister life
- > Adjustable spray frequency (15, 30 or 60 minutes)
- > Day or 24-hour interval settings
- > Instant indication of battery strength and refill canister level
- > Prevents the device from accidentally spraying your hand
- > Quick-drying, anti-microbial mist
- > Disinfects the entire door handle – including the underside
- > Works with your existing door hardware
- > Mounts in minutes with no special tools or wiring required
- > Refill canisters can be replaced in seconds
- > Facility wellness plaque
- > Warranty registration card
- > Instruction sheet (English and Spanish)
- > Installation guide with ruler template (English and Spanish)
- > 2 screws and 2 anchor screws for door mounting
- > 2 keys for security lock
D3 Micro: Benefits
Helps curb the spreading of germs, viruses and infectious diseases
Door handles are known to be havens for countless types of potentially harmful bacteria and are the most susceptible contact point for human-to-human transmission of many forms of pathogens, viruses and diseases. Regardless of whether or not you keep your hands clean, it only takes one person to contaminate a door handle and put everyone else who uses that door handle at risk. People can easily contract the common cold, flu, or other diseases by inadvertently exposing themselves to unsanitized door handles. In many situations, this can also have serious financial consequences for both the individual and the facility.
Unlike other products that focus on getting your hands clean, the D3 Micro is the only product that focuses on keeping them clean. HYSO’s easy-to-install D3 Micro disinfects door handles automatically, providing dependable, economical and effective levels of hygiene 24/7.
- > Improved productivity and occupant wellness
- > Cleaner and more hygienic work environment
- > Fosters a clear message that your facility cares about the health and wellness of its employees and patrons
- > Promotes customer satisfaction and loyalty
- > Higher employee morale
D3 Micro: Formulas
Destroy 99.9% of bacteria and viruses
HYSO’s formulas disinfect the surface of the door handle upon spraying. The more the handle is sprayed, the more ongoing protection there is – all without damaging your hands, the door handle or the door.
- > Quick-drying
- > Non-tainting and non-toxic
- > Disinfects all parts of the door handle that are touched, including the underside
- > Formulated with alcohol and quaternary ammonium compounds
- > Deposits a non-volatile anti-microbial agent
- > Continues to reduce bacteria between sprays
- > Inhibits bacterial re-growth when a dirty hand touches the door handle
- > Influenza A2
- > MRSA
- > H1N1 (Swine Flu)
- > Rhinovirus
- > Norovirus
- > Salmonella
- > Pseudomonas
- > Staphylococcus aureus
- > Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- > E. Coli
- > Staphylococcus aureus
- > Listeria monocytogenes
- > MRSA
- > Salmonella typhimurium
- > Enterococcus hirae
HYSO’s formulas have been registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and manufactured according to European Union (EU) regulations as disinfectants that actually destroy 99.9% of certain bacteria and viruses. The EU formula is fully compliant with the global Biocidal Products Directive, a standard that a significant number of developed and third world countries have adopted, and has been tested and approved by an EU registered toxicologist regarding safety to human health.
EPA REG. NO. 1839-85-83326. EPA EST. NO. 074216-IL-001.
D3 Micro: Where to Use
Life is full of doors, don’t be afraid to open them
The D3 Micro can and should be used on any door where maintaining a clean handle is important. This is especially true of high-contact doors where bacterial cross-contamination would present a health or financial risk.
- > Healthcare Facilities: Hospitals, Doctor & Dentist Offices, Nursing & Retirement Homes, etc.
- > Educational Facilities: Nurseries, K-12 Schools and Colleges/Universities
- > Food Service Industry
- > Supermarkets
- > Athletic Facilities
- > Airports
- > Government Facilities
- > Banks
- > Hospitality: Restaurants, Hotels, Clubs, Corporate Venues, etc.
- > Entertainment Centers: Cinemas, Theaters, Concert Arenas, Sporting Venues, etc.
- > Office Buildings
- > Casinos
- > Cruise Ships
- > Prisons and Correctional Facilities
- > Day Care Facilities
- > Veterinarian Offices
- > Restrooms/Washrooms
- > Laboratories
- > Conference Rooms
- > Building Entrances/Exits
- > Food Service & Commercial Kitchens
- > Hallway Doors
- > Break Rooms
- > Office Pantry/Cafeteria
- > Examining Room Doors
- > Commercial Refrigerator Doors
D3 Micro: FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Do HYSO’s quat-based formulas kill bacteria? Yes. HYSO’s formulas have been registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and manufactured according to European Union (EU) regulations as disinfectants that actually destroy 99.9 percent of certain bacteria and other viruses. The EU formula is fully compliant with the global Biocidal Products Directive, a standard that a significant number of developed and third world countries have adopted, and has been tested and approved by an EU registered toxicologist regarding safety to human health. EPA REG. NO. 1839-85-83326. EPA EST. NO. 074216-IL-001.
Does the D3 Micro disinfect the entire door handle, including the underside? Yes. The formulas leave a very slight quat residue on the handle’s surface – just enough that when you turn the handle, the quats get spread around, even underneath. Studies demonstrate that the action of the hand spreads the anti-microbial material to the underside of the handle. The “bottom” line: The quat formulas provide coverage of all parts of the door handle that are touched.
Is the quat-based formula harmful in any way? No. The formula is non-tainting and non-toxic.
Will the D3 Micro accidentally spray my hands? No. Even though the HYSO formula will not harm your skin, the D3 Micro’s integrated proximity sensor technology senses when anyone (or anything) over 80cms tall (the approximate height of a small 2-year-old) is near the device and prevents the device from accidentally spraying.
Does the D3 Micro work on any type of door and any type of door handle? Yes. The D3 Micro can be mounted on any door.
Does the quat-based formula damage door handles or push plates? No. The formula is non-corrosive and will not remove or harm the factory finish. Tests have been carried out on a variety of metal-based handles, and no negative results were observed – no paint or finish was removed from the door handles. However, the D3 Micro is not recommended for use on unvarnished wood or metal. Regardless of the finish, HYSO recommends maintaining normal facility cleaning practices.
Are there any optimal disinfection tips? Yes. Install the D3 Micro 6-12 inches above the door handle for optimal performance. To properly disinfect, the D3 Micro should be centered such that the handle surface is thoroughly wetted by the released formula. The formula will disinfect the wetted surface in 10 minutes. Only the wet area contacted by the formula will be disinfected.
Why does the D3 Micro spray 4 times consecutively when switched on? To apply a sufficient base coat of formula to the door handle. This occurs every time the D3 Micro is switched on and ensures immediate and total disinfection of the door handle before its first use.
How long does a can of refill formula last? Depending on the selected settings, between 8 and 100 days.
What is the shelf life of the refill formula cans? Ten years.
How many batteries does the D3 Micro use, and how long do they last? The D3 Micro operates on 3 AA batteries; the batteries will last approximately 8,000 sprays (between 3 months and 3 years, depending upon the selected settings).